[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
* Vacation Pay.
* Health Insurance.
* Dental and Vision Plan.
* Prescription Drug Plan.
* Life Insurance.
* Short-Term Disability.
* 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
* Incentive Programs.
* Tool Purchase Programs.
* Assist the company to ensure that the organization complies with all current safety regulations
* Perform frequent worksite inspections to ensure compliance.
* Perform regular safety training sessions and hold toolbox talks with crews at show ups or on job sites
* Help in the evaluation of the organization's procedures, facilities and equipment to identify potential unsafe conditions that need improvement
* Proactively monitor and control the worksite
* Stopping/preventing/correcting unsafe actions
* Stopping/preventing/correcting use of unsafe equipment
* Ensure that all tasks are performed safely: wearing safety items of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e.g. gloves, safety shoes, protective eyewear, hearing protection, and other items such as aprons or outerwear as appropriate
* Counsel employees on safe working practices, both in formal training sessions, and informal encounters during the workday
* Report and track injuries, incidents, and near-misses
* Innovate and support on-going efforts to continually improve worker safety in collaboration with EHS Manager and other supervisors.
* Inspect and maintain records of eye wash/first aid stations, fire extinguishers, and stair towers
* Maintain storage and disposal records of oil water and hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
* Training in Occupational Safety and Environmental Compliance related fields preferred - Knowledge of OSHA regulations is a plus
* Minimum 1 year of experience in a Safety Specialist or Environmental Specialist related role or equivalent experience preferred.
* Outstanding service orientation; sense of urgency; high-level of personal integrity.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Must be able to read and write in English and possess good writing skills.
* Able to follow instructions and complete assigned tasks in an unsupervised manner.
* Bilingual Skills is a Plus but not required.
* Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player mentality is a must.
* Must be able to adapt quickly to changing scenarios.
* Good judgment and decision-making skills; Lead by example.
* Must have reliable attendance, willing to work flexible hours, & work well with other