[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking first- class Sheet Metal Workers for current openings/long-term positions at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Minimum of four years commercial/ naval sheet metal experience as a first-class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
Skills & other Requirements:
• Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
• Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
• Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
• Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, hears, etc.).
• Must pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and 7-year background check.
• Rigger/ Material Handling
• Mobile Equipment (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! If you need assistance with your application, please contact our staffing department at (910) 420-6999 ext. 2
RPG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
Rev 4 - 8.2020