[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
1. 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
(Bachelor's Degree in Science with 5 years of experience or a Masters with 3 years of experience.)
2. This position does not require clearance.
3. Proficient with technical letter research, review, and excellent writing skills.
4. Familiar with Mil Specs, Ship Specs, and commercial requirements for electrical equipment and how to
5. Electrical drawing development and reviews (includes cable sizing requirements, breaker settings,
6. protection coordination).
7. Proficient and familiar with electrical safety, electrical testing equipment, electrical equipment assembly,
and troubleshooting skills.
8. Familiar with electrical system troubleshooting.
9. Familiar with control systems.
10. Familiar with electrical diagram/schematic reading.
11. Driving and travel will not be required.
12. Required PPE: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Steel Toe Boots.