[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Now accepting resumes for SHIPFITTERS -
Minimum of three (3) years of on the job experience.
$25.00/Hr. - $150.00 Per Diem per workday
San Diego, CA
Demonstrated knowledge of blueprint reading, ship terminology and different metals required. Good burning, welding, and craftsmanship skills. Mechanical ability preferred. T-1 welding certificate required for FCAW (flux core), SMAW (stick) optional but highly recommended. Ability to pass hands on assessment test. Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces, and on any assigned shift.
Essential Job Task:
1. Lay out work from blueprint
2. Cut, burn, grind, rip out and fit metal structural parts for placement on ship
3. tack and weld foundation and structural members
4. Operate high reaching equipment including condors, sky climbers, scissor lift.
5. Set up tools and equipment at job site. Clean up and remove scrap to nearest scrap tub.
6. Operate overhead cranes and use rigging equipment.
7. Other job duties as may be assigned relevant to the trade.
Must successfully pass a background check & hair follicle drug test
Submit a detailed resume for review
Call us (800) 748-1395