[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aerotek is currently seeking 10 Pipefitters to work in the San Diego Shipyards. Below are more details regarding the position.
- Must be able to work independently and read blueprints.
- Proven proficiency at the fabrication, repair, installation and testing of marine piping systems using blueprints for guidance.
- Installs and maintains ships' piping systems such as steam heat and power, hot water, hydraulic, air pressure, and oil lines following blueprints, layouts and work orders and using hand tools and shop machines.
- Plans layout of pipe sections, allowing for conformance to specifications, obstructions and holes.
- Cuts and bores holes in bulkheads and decks for installation of pipes.
- Operates shop machines to cut and thread pipe and pipe fittings including valves, traps and thermostats.
- Bends pipe to specified shape on pipe-bending fixtures.
- Bolts or welds pipe brackets to support pipe systems, connects pipes to fixtures such as heat exchangers, laundry and galley equipment, pumps and tanks and other miscellaneous ship equipment.
- Repairs, packs and adjusts valves.
- Tests installed systems for leaks and to insure that system meets specifications.
The positions are on both 1st and 2nd shift. Pay range is $25-$30/hr and will be dependent on knowledge and experience. All interested and qualified candidates must apply with an updated copy of their resume in order to be considered for the position.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.