[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Outside Machinists with 4+ years of experience
If interested in the job, please call Brian Horner at 843-972-1991
Pay Rate: Up to $27.31/hr and per diem
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Installation of hull inserts.
- Familiarity with fasteners
- Ability to comprehend complex drawings, blueprints, diagrams, and sketches.
- Use of lapping and blue checking tools. Liner sizes/soft foot
- Working knowledge of shipbuilding terms and nomenclature.
- Operate lathe.
- Valve overhaul (steam and wog)
- AC & refrigeration repair.
- Installation of lift check valve.
- Steam plant cleanliness knowledge
- Air conditioning hydro.
- Installation of main engine, propulsion plant machinery and equipment.
- System cleanliness grade knowledge.
- Installation of aircraft elevator.
- Testing main engine.
- Hydrostatic testing.
- Installation of anchor windlass.
- Installation of mast and antenna.
- Lube oil flushing.
- Installation of arresting gear.
- Installation of noise equipment.
- Precision instruments.
- Installation of ballast tanks.
- Test boiler operations.
- Optical alignment.
- Hydrostatic testing of systems.
- Install boiler tube replacement.
- Installation of sea valves.
- System Grooming
- Operate boring bar.
- Installation of VALVE AND PUMP packing.
- Valve overhaul.
- Operate cargo crane.
- Operate portable milling/drill machine.
- Generator and steam turbine work.
- Pump/motor INSTALLATION AND alignment (M-179 & JX).
- Operate centrifugal pump.
- Install turbine.
- Fit and blue check liners.
- Installation of condenser/heat exchanger tube.
- Operate watertight compartment.
- Flange makeup.
- Installation of deck ordinance.
- Installation of winch.
- Installation of steam valves.
- Installation of diesel.
- Installation of weapons elevator.
- Shafting and bearing work
- Distilling plant test.
- Installation of hydraulic components.
- Installation of low/high pressure air compressor.
- Installation of deck or hanger doors.
- Understanding of basic ship systems.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.