[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
If you are a Marine Outside Machinist and want to be a part of the nation’s elite marine skilled workforce, this is your chance to advance your career.
Tradesmen International is proud to employ America’s best marine-dedicated craftsmen. If you are a marine-experienced craftsman who emphasizes safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, we want you to join our team.
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s best shipyards and yacht builders. With hundreds of active partners, we have plenty of great shipyard employment opportunities. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and safety training to our employees.
An Outside Machinist performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair work on marine equipment and systems using schematic charts and technical manuals. Also tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments, repairs and maintains hydraulic equipment and valves, operates hand and power tools associated with marine engine and equipment repair.
* Must have minimum 3 years shipyard maritime experience as a marine outside machinist
* Rigging experience preferred, but not required
* Dismantles, repairs, or replaces defective parts, and reassembles machinery, using machinist's tools, chain hoists, and steel rollers
* Installs ship machinery, such as propelling machinery and steering gear, working from blueprints and using hand tools, calipers, and micrometers
* Installs below-deck auxiliary equipment, such as evaporators, stills, heaters, pumps, condensers, and boilers, and connects them to steampipe systems
* Operates machinery, such as cargo winches and windlasses, to determine causes of malfunctioning
* Lays out passage holes on bulkheads, decks, and other surfaces for connections, such as shafting and steam lines
* Fabricates replacement parts, using machine shop tools, such as lathe, boring mill, planer, shaper, slotter, and milling machine
* Must have own basic tools per yard specifications
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Outside Machinists to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled machinists with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled marine outside machinists that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
* Vacation Pay.
* Health Insurance.
* Dental and Vision Plan.
* Prescription Drug Plan.
* Life Insurance.
* Short-Term Disability.
* 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
* Incentive Programs.
* Tool Purchase Programs.