[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Project Controls Manager
Industry: Fabrication & Shipbuilding
Full Time Permanent Position
A leader in steel fabrication and shipbuilding is looking for a Manager of Project Controls to drive change and innovation within the organization through diversity of thought and collaboration.
The Project Controls Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- The development and administration of scheduling, planning and production control processes
- Manage coordinators responsible for supporting scheduling, planning and work order development
- Develop an overall plan for project schedules using input from the project, production and engineering management teams. Participate in build strategy development to obtain perspective for project schedule development.
- Maintain the work order development and updating process with focus on continual improvement.
- Review and assures all project schedules are accurately progressed and provides recommendations for achieving milestones.
- Analyze and communicate trends in schedule, KPIs, and performance metrics and makes recommendations to the project, production and engineering management teams.
- Provides the project, production and engineering management teams with detailed and aggregate labor plans to support daily labor allocation, hiring plans, and labor forecasting.
- Assures work change orders are developed in conjunction with production build practices and production personnel needs.
- Develop, coordinates and provides Management team with reports and information tools to make informed decisions and monitor operational performance. This includes establishing and refining KPIs and performance metrics.
- Develop proficiency in shipbuilding strategies, sequences, operations, and yard logistics within the production controls & planning organization.
- Support earned value analysis reviews to assess schedule and cost performance.
- Analyze schedules including critical & driving paths and risk & opportunity in compliance with stake holder requirements.
- Perform and analyzing schedule risk assessments and employ schedule metrics to evaluate schedules and suggest corrective actions in a timely manner and subsequently support corrective action implementation. Work closely with management teams in development/updating of schedule and production control information tools and processes.
- Drives continuous improvement activities focused on production controls, scheduling and planning processes.
The qualified candidate should meet these minimum expectations:
- Bachelors Degree (Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Marine & Production Technology preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in ship building
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in production control planning and scheduling
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 (Oracle P6)
- Understanding of Earn Value Management principals
- Experience managing teams
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent communicator