[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Six (6) or more years of experience in the operations of 600psi and above marine type boilers.
High School graduate or equivalent. Have the ability to work rotating shifts. The person must be highly motivated and work with limited supervision. Have the ability to read and interpret basic blue prints, technical specifications and operating manuals.
machinist mate, boiler room, boiler maintenance, boiler operation, boiler control
Top Skills Details:
knowledge of basic steam cycle, safe operation of steam generation plants, experience operating boiler control systems
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Required experience / Qualifications
1. Knowledge of the Basic Steam Cycle.
2. Knowledge of boiler water / feed water chemistry.
3. Safe operation of 600psi steam generation plants through all transient load changes and conditions.
4. Experience in the operation of automated boiler control systems. ( Console Operator)
5. Experience in the operation of burner management systems.
6. Experience in the operation of various types of pumps. (Positive displacement, centrifugal)
7. Experience in the operation of all auxiliary equipment required to operate a closed loop system.
8. Experience in the operation and function of the different valve types. (Gate, globe, actuated, needle, diaphragm)
9. Safe transfer of fuel oil from barge to shore based storage tanks.
10. Experience in the regeneration of grade B water systems.
11. Experience in the operation of mixed bed demineralizers.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.