[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
If you are a Ship Fitter and want to be a part of the nation’s elite marine skilled workforce, this is your chance to advance your career.
Tradesmen International is proud employ America’s best marine-dedicated craftsmen. If you are a marine-experienced craftsman who emphasizes safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, we want you to join our team.
We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world’s best shipyards and yacht builders. With hundreds of active partners, we have plenty of great shipyard employment opportunities. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and safety training to our employees.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years shipyard maritime experience as a marine ship fitter
* Must be able to tack weld and use a cutting torch
* Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding: Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and hand tools
* Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines
* Positions parts in hull of ship, assisted by RIGGER
* Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges, and mauls
* Marks location of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold part in place for welding or riveting
* Installs packing, gaskets, liners, and structural accessories and members, such as doors, hatches, brackets, and clips
* May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts
* May tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding
* May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts, using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines
* Must have own basic tools
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Ship Fitters to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled ship fitter with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled ship fitters that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
* Vacation Pay.
* Health Insurance.
* Dental and Vision Plan.
* Prescription Drug Plan.
* Life Insurance.
* Short-Term Disability.
* 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
* Incentive Programs.
* Tool Purchase Programs.