[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This position is responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, the installation and removal of insulation of any component onboard ships. A journeyman measures, cuts and fabricates materials for insulation application to bulkheads, overheads, piping, ducts, machinery, and equipment to minimize heat transfer, prevent moisture condensation, and to deaden sound. Wok is accomplished in all phases of ship repair and modernization of maritime vessels including US Naval Vessels, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships and barges. The position requires a working knowledge of procedures, comprehensive knowledge of the insulation craft and the drive to accomplish quality work on schedule. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Musty have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to write Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor, improvers, and helper.
6. Must have experience applying hullboard, Armaflex, Cal-sil, ventilation insulation, and insulation pads.
7. Must have experience fabricating insulation pads.
8. Must have experience using hand and power tools associated with the trade in a safe manner.
9. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
10. Must possess a basic understanding of the metric system.
11. Six (6) years of related experience, three (3) of which must be in the maritime environment.
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
· Medical Coverage
· Short- and long-term disability coverage
· Identity Theft Protection
· Legal Assistance
· Long Term Opportunities
· Training and Career Growth Opportunities
· The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay:$18.00 per hour