[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
** LONG-TERM WORK AVAILABLE! **
** IMMEDIATE WORK AVAILABLE! **
If you are a Marine Welder and want to be a part of the nation’s elite marine skilled workforce, this is your chance to advance your career. Tradesmen International is proud to employ America’s best marine-dedicated craftsmen. If you are a marine-experienced craftsman who emphasizes safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, we want you to join our team.
Candidates are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent, able to read and comprehend blue prints, work at heights and in confined spaces. Candidates must also be able to read a tape measure, pressure gauge, level, and square. Candidates must be flexible to work all three (3) shifts and work in inclement weather.
* Must have minimum 3 years shipyard maritime experience as a marine welder
* Welds or tack welds metal parts together, electric, or gas welding equipment
* Connects hoses from torch to tanks of oxygen and fuel gas, and turns valves to release mixture. Ignites torch and regulates flow of gas and air to obtain desired temperature
* Preheats work pieces preparatory to welding or bending, using torch
* Examines work piece for defects and measures work piece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications
* Climbs ladders or works on scaffolds to assemble structures
* Signals crane operator to move large work pieces
* Dismantles metal assemblies or cuts scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc equipment
* Positions and secures parts, using hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools
* Selects, positions, and secures torch, cutting tips, or welding rod, according to type, thickness, area, and desired temperature of metal
* Guides and directs flame or electrodes on or across work piece to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal
* Fuses parts together, seals tension points, and adds metal to build up parts
* Must have own basic tools per yard specifications
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
* Vacation Pay.
* Health Insurance.
* Dental and Vision Plan.
* Prescription Drug Plan.
* Life Insurance.
* Short-Term Disability.
* 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
* Incentive Programs.
* Tool Purchase Programs.
* Positions available for both local & non-local candidates
* Pay varies depending on jobsite location & employee home residence – per diem only offered for qualified candidates with home address 60 miles minimum from jobsite
* Per diem available for days worked
* Please send current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org