[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
** IMMEDIATE WORK AVAILABLE! **
** JOB LOCATION: JACKSONVILLE, FL **
* $25/hr - LOCAL EMPLOYEES ONLY, MUST LIVE INSIDE 60MI FROM JOBSITE
* $20/hr, $100/working day non-taxed per diem - TRAVELERS ONLY, MUST LIVE OUTSIDE 60MI FROM JOBSITE
* 40+ hours/week - CANNOT GUARANTEE OT - Average Weekly Hours: 50
* Average Weekly Gross Pay: $1000-$1800 - AVERAGE ONLY, CANNOT GUARANTEE
* Must have own tools & PPE
* Must have own vehicle & valid state driver's license
* Must be able to pass drug test & LIFETIME background check
If you are a Ship Fitter and want to be a part of the nation’s elite marine skilled workforce, this is your chance to advance your career. Tradesmen International is proud employ America’s best marine-dedicated craftsmen. If you are a marine-experienced craftsman who emphasizes safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, we want you to join our team.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years shipyard maritime experience as a marine ship fitter
* Must be able to tack weld and use a cutting torch
* Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding: Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and hand tools
* Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines
* Positions parts in hull of ship, assisted by RIGGER
* Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges, and mauls
* Marks location of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold part in place for welding or riveting
* Installs packing, gaskets, liners, and structural accessories and members, such as doors, hatches, brackets, and clips
* May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts
* May tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding
* May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts, using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines
* Must have own basic tools
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
* Vacation Pay.
* Health Insurance.
* Dental and Vision Plan.
* Prescription Drug Plan.
* Life Insurance.
* Short-Term Disability.
* 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
* Incentive Programs.
* Tool Purchase Programs.
* Positions available for both local & non-local candidates
* Pay varies depending on jobsite location & employee home residence – per diem only offered for qualified candidates with home address 60 miles minimum from jobsite
* Per diem available for days worked
* Please send current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org