[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Tradesmen International is currently hiring Sheet Metal Workers to work within a shipyard in Newport News, VA.
Pay is up to $27.31/hr. (based on experience)
Per diem is $120/per working day
Minimum one year contract
Experience: Four years of commercial/naval sheet metal experience as a first class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
1. Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
2. Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
3. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
4. Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
5. Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, shears etc.).
8. Carbon Steel Fillet Welding (512) Qualification: Fillet Welding– single-pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication