[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Boiler Plant Operator
Six (6) or more years of experience in the operations of 600psi and above marine type boilers.
High School graduate or equivalent. Have the ability to work rotating shifts.
The person must be highly motivated and work with limited supervision.
Have the ability to read and interpret basic blue prints, technical specifications and operating manuals.
Required experience / Qualifications
1. Knowledge of the Basic Steam Cycle.
2. Knowledge of boiler water / feed water chemistry.
3. Safe operation of 600psi steam generation plants
4. Experience in the operation of automated boiler control systems. (Console Operator)
5. Experience in the operation of burner management systems.
6. Experience in the operation of various types of pumps. (Positive displacement, centrifugal…)
7. Experience in the operation of all auxiliary equipment required to operate a closed loop system.
8. Experience in the operation and function of the different valve types. (Gate, globe, actuated, needle, diaphragm…)
9. Safe transfer of fuel oil from barge to shore based storage tanks.
10. Experience in the regeneration of grade “B” water systems.
11. Experience in the operation of mixed bed demineralizers.
Previous military experience in boiler plant operations is a plus.