[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PeopleReady is currently hiring for Structural Combo Welders to perform repair work on commercial fishing boats in Tacoma WA.
Port of Tacoma, WA
$26.00 - $28.00 for Local Candidates
Overtime - 60 hrs/week
$30 + $150 PD for Travelers
- Performing ship repair welding on deck plating, bulkheads, and foundations
- Welding work to be performed in main and/or auxiliary spaces, engine rooms, berthing, galleys, tanks, and shop as needed
- Applies basic welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
- Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work orders.
- Lays out and marks points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
- Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Experience in SMAW/STICK, GMAW/MIG, FCAW/FLUX,
- Minimum 3 years experience aboard a ship or in shipyard environment for journeyman
- Willing to undergo background check and drug screen
- Own basic weld PPE to include leathers, shield and/or hood
- Must pass visual (VT), magnetic particle (MT), liquid penetrate (LPT), and or/radiographic inspections (RT)
Please respond with most current resume