[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR Group is seeking Shipfitter Burners (No Welding) for a Shipyard in Newport News, VA.
Pay Rate: $38.00 per Hour plus Per Diem for non-local candidates.
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
1. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
2. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
3. Ability to comprehend complex drawings, blueprints, sketches to include weld symbols, material types, reference lines.
4. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
5. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
6. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
7. Experience working in a physically demanding environment
8. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
3. Shipwright / Erect & Set experience.
4. Tank Testing
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging
6. Mobile equipment operation
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Burning Torch Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work.
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, apply today and check out our website for more information.
​CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.