[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR Group is seeking Boiler Plant Operator for a Shipyard in Newport News, VA.
Pay Rate: $27.30 per Hour plus Per Diem for non-local candidates.
Experience: Three years of experience as a first class Sheet Metal Worker
Installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture
Marine experience preferred. Aircraft/Industrial/Commercial sheet metal experience acceptable.
1. Ability to Read: Ventilation Assembly Drawings, Blueprints,
2. Ability to Read Fractional, Decimal Dimensions of Rulers.
3. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
4. Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
5. Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Experience using hand tools such as electric drills, grinders, rivet guns,
8. Shop Equipment (drill press, press break, Shears).
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, apply today and check out our website for more information.
​CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.