[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Now Hiring – Structural Welder (Pulse Arc)
HKA Construction Services currently has job opening in Newport News, VA for Structural Welder (Pulse Arc). All Applicants are required to have naval experience as a first-class welder.
Up to $45.00/Hr. – Per Diem $120.00 per workday
1. Multi-Pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
2. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
3. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
4. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
6. Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges
Welding Qualification: All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests. These tests will be:
A. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
B. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
C. Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
D. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G) GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding) process.
E. Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
• Must be able to work any shift and overtime, if required. Must be flexible
• Must successfully pass a background & hair follicle drug test
Submit a detailed resume for review
Call Us (800) 748-1395