[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Tradesmen International has an IMMEDIATE position for SHIPFITTERS available in Newport News, VA. This is a LONG-TERM position with the potential for plenty of overtime each week! Please find all the necessary details below. If interested, please reach out to the contact information listed.
- Must have minimum 4 years of commercial/naval experience as a first class shipfitter.
- Ability to pass of single pass OR multi-pass tack welding test using SMAW process in both vertical up (3F) and overhead (4F) positions.
- Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum, and reference lines.
- Burning/heating – oxygen/propane heating torch.
- Must be available to work any shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
SCOPE OF WORK/JOB DUTIES:
- Marine work on a naval yard working on United States Naval vessels
PRIOR TO WORK:
Each potential employee is required to pass a federal background check and drug test.
- $38-$45/hr (based on weld test)
- $120/working day per diem for all qualified candidates
PRIMARY TRADESMEN CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 616-881-1782, call or text
BEST WAY TO APPLY:
Email your updated resume to the email above to be set up with a phone interview.
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
- Vacation Pay.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental and Vision Plan.
- Prescription Drug Plan.
- Life Insurance.
- Short-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
- Incentive Programs.
- Tool Purchase Programs.
- Positions available for local & non-local candidates
- Per diem paid for days worked