[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PeopleReady is currently hiring for Welders in Tacoma WA.
Port of Tacoma, WA
$28.00 - $30.00 for Local Candidates
$30 + $150 PD for Travelers 7 DAYS PAID
Project through end of 2023
• Performing ship repair welding on deck plating, bulkheads, and foundations
• Welding work to be performed in main and/or auxiliary spaces, engine rooms, berthing, galleys, tanks, and shop as needed
• Applies basic welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
• Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
• Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work orders.
• Lays out and marks points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
• Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
• May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
• Experience in SMAW/STICK, GMAW/MIG, FCAW/FLUX,
• Minimum 3 years experience aboard a ship or in shipyard environment for journeyman
• Must pass a drug screen
• Must be able to fit
• Willing to undergo Background Check
• Own basic weld PPE to include leathers, shield and/or hood
• Must pass visual (VT), magnetic particle (MT), liquid penetrate (LPT), and or/radiographic inspections (RT)
Apply by clicking link below and email most up to date resume: