[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PeopleReady is currently hiring for Shipfitters in Huntington Ingalls in Newport News VA. We are seeking a skilled shipfitter to join our team. The shipfitter will be responsible for fabricating, assembling, and installing structural components for ships and boats. This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefit
$38 + $80 PD days worked
Long term 6+ months
1.Single Pass Tack Welding.
2.Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3.Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
4.Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
10. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
3. Shipwright / Erect & Set experience.
4. Tank Testing
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging
6. Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
Email most up to date resume