[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Tradesmen International has an IMMEDIATE position for STRUCTURAL WELDERS available in Paducah Kentucky. This is a LONG-TERM position with the potential for plenty of overtime each week! Looking for 1st and 2nd class welders for 1st and 2nd shift. Please find all the necessary details below. If interested, please reach out to the contact information listed.
- Jobsite location: Paducah KY
- 1st or 2nd class.
- 1st (6a-230p, 30 min unpaid lunch) or 2nd shift (230p-1030p, 30 min pd lunch) - (client decides).
- Pay contingent on experience & home residence location
:: Pay averages $800-$1400/week gross pay
- Cannot guarantee OT
- M-F, OT starts post 8hrs worked
- All Saturday work is 1.5x, depending on “set schedule”
- All Sunday work is 2x, depending on “set schedule”
- Travel/lodging is the responsibility of employee
- Repair work on towboats & river barges.
- Some new construction, based on client need.
- Primarily working with stainless steel, some carbon work will be needed.
There are 2 separate sites at this location – depending on which site you will be working, your weld test can be one of the following:
Weld Test Site A:
- Open butt weld test (3/8" plate)
- 6011 (3/16" rod) & 7018 (5/32" rod)
- 3g, 4g
- Open root (no backing plate), 1/16" gap
- 1 pass OR root & fill
- Carbon steel only
- Visual only
Weld Test Site B:
- .072 flux innershield (gasless)
- 3g, 4g
- 6011 (3/16" rod)
- Back gouge, then root pass, then cover/fill
- Carbon & stainless
- Visual only
- Welding hood.
- Chipping hammer.
- Grinder (if wanted)
- Basic PPE.
- Tradesmen International interview/new hire documentation.
- Professional reference checks.
- Pre-employment skills test - onsite.
- Pre-employment medical, including drug test, physical, and respirator fit test (must be clean shaven).
- Pre-employment orientation/I9 completion with site coordinator.
Skills test, medical, & orientation done on the same day – you will start work the next day, if cleared.
- Primary Email: email@example.com
- Secondary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST WAY TO APPLY:
Email your updated resume to the email above to be set up with a phone interview.
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
- Vacation Pay.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental and Vision Plan.
- Prescription Drug Plan.
- Life Insurance.
- Short-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
- Incentive Programs.
- Tool Purchase Programs.
- Positions available for local & non-local candidates
- Per diem paid for days worked