[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HKA Construction Services is now hiring Riggers for a shipyard located in Newport News, VA. All applicants must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in heavy rigging and be able to work onboard ship doing heavy lifting, climbing, bending and be able to work in confined spaces.
$27.31/Hr. & $120.00 Per Diem per day.
1. Proper use and care of chain hoists (1 ton to 40 tons) to rig steel piping and machinery where cranes are not available.
2. Knowledge of the proper use of wire rope lashing to rig where lifting pads are not
installed or available.
3. Knowledge of weight calculations, center of gravity and how to apply rigging gear (chain hoists, shackles, and wire ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
4. Knowledge of rigging knots, splicing of rope and wire rope reeving and seizing.
5. Experience in rigging loads from a crane hook to other rigging points inside a structure or building.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
Must successfully pass a background check & Hair follicle drug test.
Must be able to work any shift and overtime, if required
Submit a Detailed Resume for Review