[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The primary function of the Manufacturing Technician will be to assemble, test, fit and disassemble items such as main steam turbines, valves, gears, generators, pumps, compressors, experimental work, part alterations and repairs.
Major Accountabilities /Deliverables
• Read and interpret written and verbal work instructions, utilizing detailed part and tool drawings.
• Set up work areas and machines to perform required operations for any assigned work scope.
• Obtain all tools, fixtures and relocation equipment to perform work.
• Follow established operational procedures to perform all functions such as assembly, machine, balance, rivet, etc.
• Work to close tolerances on interrelated dimensions. Examine work scope noting dimensions, tolerances, required tools and operations.
• Determine need for inspection to check fits, clearances, etc. prior to, during and after assembly.
• Notify inspectors as required. Check work and record dimensions or characteristics as required.
• Operate manual and programmable riveter machines, pressure washing and blast cleaning equipment and heating equipment.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment and set-up/operate assigned machines and equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, layout and process worksheets.
• Experience working with a variety of tools and equipment such as lathes, drill presses, mills, riveters, presses, surface grinding, low speed balance, heating equipment, positioners, hand power tools.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be a Sole US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
• Ability to lift objects weighing 50 pounds to waist height and transporting 10 feet.
• Ability to perform the following tasks: pushing, pulling, and lifting, requiring the individual to overcome initial resistance.
• Requirement to conduct tasks involving repetitions of tool use, assessing aerobic capacity and tasks where bending, twisting, and stretching of a body segment occurs.
• Ability to conduct tasks in which stability of body position is difficult to maintain.
• Due to specific statement of work must have the ability to climb vertical ladders up to 20ft in height and work from elevated platforms.
Riley Power Group offers competitive pay commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates may send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for review and consideration.