[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
*Looking for Pulse Structural Welders*
JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Four years of NNS or naval shipyard experience as a first class Welder.
• Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
• Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
• Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
• All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
• All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
• All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
• Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
• All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding) process.
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
Must be a United States Citizen
Pay starting at $45 /hour
Per Diem: $120 *Per Diem Available for Those Who Qualify
Long Term Assignments Available (Up to 2 years)
ACA Health Insurance Benefits Available
Please contact our Virginia Beach office at 757-420-0555 and choose option 6 or email us at email@example.com with any questions or inquiries