[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Advanced Shipfitters – Multi Pass Tack & Burn for a shipyard located in Newport News, VA.
Up to $45.00/Hr. & $120.00 Per Diem per day.
• Multi-Pass Tack Welding.
• Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
• Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches.
• Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions with the use of a ruler.
• Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
• Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications.
• Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
• Ability to use Work Packages and Drawings to plan and execute work.
• Ability to use Molded Lines and Ship Reference Lines to execute required work.
• Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Complex-shaped Shell Plates.
• Ability to Erect, Set and Makeup Decks, Bulkheads, Longitudinal, trunks, etc.
• Ability to Install and Replace Hull Inserts and Penetrations. Ability to install miscellaneous and complex foundations.
• Performance test Required.
All applicants must have a minimum of four (4) years of commercial/naval experience as a 1st Class Shipfitter.
• Must successfully pass a background check & Hair follicle drug test.
• Must be able to work any shift and overtime, if required
Submit a Detailed Resume for Review.