[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Tradesmen International has an open position for SHEET METAL MECHANICS available in Newport News, VA. This is a LONG-TERM position with potential for plenty of overtime each week! Please find all the necessary details below. If interested, please reach out to the contact information listed.
- Must have 3+ years experience as a first-class sheet metal working in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture, and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
- Marine experience preferred; however, aircraft, industrial, or commercial sheet metal experience is acceptable.
- Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum, and reference lines.
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
- Must be available to work any shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
- Must be a naturalized or US citizen.
SCOPE OF WORK/JOB DUTIES:
- Marine work on a naval yard working on United States Naval vessels
- Employee would be responsible for own travel/lodging
- Up to $27.31/hr + time and a half for any OT hour
- $120/working day per diem for all qualified candidates
PRIMARY TRADESMEN CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Email: email@example.com
PRIOR TO WORK:
Each potential employee is required to pass a federal background check and hair follicle drug test.
BEST WAY TO APPLY:
Email your updated resume to the email above to be set up with a phone interview.
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
- Vacation Pay.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental and Vision Plan.
- Prescription Drug Plan.
- Life Insurance.
- Short-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
- Incentive Programs.
- Tool Purchase Programs.
- Positions available for local & non-local candidates
- Per diem paid for days worked (for qualified candidates)