home >> shipyard / marine >> job board >> post

[Field Engineer] Sr. Field Engineer (T&I) - Transportation and Installation -Richmond, VA

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

Sr. Field Engineer (T&I) - Transportation and Installation - Richmond, VA
Project: Offshore Wind - Prior Marine Experience a huge plus (renewables or oil/gas)

Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidates requested rate
Duration: 24-36 months to start
Hours: 4x10's to start
Per Diem: $1,057 per week
Mob/Demob: $500 each way

Job Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced T&I Engineer to join our team and support the transportation and installation activities of our offshore wind farm projects. The T&I Engineer will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient transportation, installation, and commissioning of wind turbines and associated infrastructure in offshore environments.

Responsibilities:
Collaborate with project managers, design engineers, and external stakeholders to develop T&I strategies and plans for offshore wind farm projects.
Conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments to evaluate transportation and installation methods, vessel selection, and lifting operations.
Prepare and review technical specifications, procedures, and documentation related to transportation and installation activities.
Manage and coordinate the activities of contractors and subcontractors involved in T&I operations, ensuring compliance with safety, quality, and environmental standards.
Provide technical expertise and support to onsite teams during the execution of T&I activities, including load-out, transport, installation, and commissioning phases.
Conduct site visits and inspections to monitor progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
Collaborate with regulatory authorities and certification bodies to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of T&I processes and best practices based on lessons learned and industry developments.

Required Education and Certifications / Licenses:

BS Engineering preferred (Mech/Civil/Marine/Structural/Electrical) - Any discipline
Proven experience in the transportation and installation of offshore renewable energy projects, preferably in the wind industry (or oil & gas).
Strong knowledge of marine operations, heavy lifting, and offshore construction techniques.
Familiarity with relevant international standards and guidelines for offshore wind farm development and installation plus.
Proficiency in using engineering software and tools for structural analysis, motion analysis, and project management.

Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50lbs and walk around a site as needed

Interested parties that meet or exceed the requested qualifications, please send a detailed resume and rate expectation to Erika Roden at ENR@BCPEngineers.com
**Members of the BCP Team have access to Group Health Insurance and 401k**

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.