Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 74120
Position Classification: Full Time Consultant (FTC)
EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Protection and Controls Department of the organization. The engineer will working with senior level engineers to complete protection and control projects that support our customer with minimum direction. They will work with in-house and client engineers and designers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work on green-field and brown-field (retrofit) Protection and Controls Projects in substations with minimal direction
* Assist higher level engineers with setting relays and conducting relay setting calculations utilizing ASPEN, AcSELerator 5010 (SEL), and GE URPC Software
* Design settings in appropriate format then issue to assigned field Protection and Controls supervisors using IPS
* Mark-up and review protection schematics and elementaries in Microstation
* Utilize MOB to review equipment and materials established by substation engineers for Protection Designers
* Work with the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, buses, reactors, line disconnects, protective relays systems (SEL, ABB, etc.), and SCADA systems
* Work under supervision of Protection Engineers III, IV, Senior Engineers, and Principle Engineers
* Provide input to routine construction documents related to scheduling for protection and control projects
* Position requires 10-15% travel to field substations
- The environment is an engineering support services culture.
- The outside of the office has the engineering offices and the inside of the office has cubicles where the designers sit.
- Dress code is business casual.
- Teamwork and collaboration is highly encouraged.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Five to ten years' experience in utilities working with protection and controls
* Five to ten years' experience completing engineering projects from start to finish
* Five to ten years' experience setting relays and designing one line diagrams
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET)
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET) will count toward years experience
* An EIT License is desirable but not required
Requisite Abilities and Skills:
* Demonstrate fundamental ability to perform design calculations such as battery sizing, AC and DC loads, system component selection, power transformer and circuit breaker selection, circuit protection, control and power cable selection and rating, bus bars, fittings, insulators, ground grid design, and lightning protection
* Fundamental understanding of standards and codes such as IEEE, ANSI, NEC, and NESC
* Possess fundamental understanding of protection and control equipment, relays, and fault analysis
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Demonstrate ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary
* Demonstrate willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles
If interested please respond with an updated resume and 2 professional references
Our people are everything. Since 1983, Aerotek has become a leader in recruiting and staffing services by building quality relationships that allow us to place quality people in quality jobs. With over 230 non-franchised offices, Aerotek serves 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
460 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.