Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
System One is currently seeking a Safety Project Manager on a 12 month contract position located in the Limon, CO area.
Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing safety consulting services to clients.
- Recognize, monitor and make recommendations to ensure that workplace safety hazards are corrected through on-site audits, consulting, ergonomic assessments and interventions according to OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate on safety policy development and training.
- Responsible for the management of the project safety plan to ensure compliance with the Contractor Safety System document and all other applicable policies and regulations.
- Responsible for the safety of company employees and contract employees for pre-mobilization work through post project follow-up.
- Supports the evaluations of contractors during the bid process and works close partnership with the project team to ensure safe, qualified contractors are utilized.
Other project specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist Project Manager/Project Leads with implementation and compliance with Company Contractor Safety Program requirements.
- Conduct project/contractor safety orientations.
- Participate in advance/daily planning activities.
- Participate and present safety updates at scheduled project safety meetings.
- Interface with Civil Construction, Line Crews and contractors.
- Serve as the point of contact for insurance carrier representative site visits and assist in implementation of recommended corrective actions.
- As directed, serve as point of contact for any OSHA site inspections or incident investigations.
- Compile and communicate required reports and project safety status updates.
- Perform and document formal safety observations of workplace conditions and activities and provide direct feedback and coaching.
- Participate in incident investigations and follow-up of implementation of corrective actions.
Safety Manager Requirements:
- CSP-ASP (Certified Safety Professional) Preferred
- Role requires excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess technical competency in construction and industrial safety (i.e.- Rigging, lifting, transmission line work, Aerial Stringing, excavation, shoring, confined space, LOTO, Arc Flash and other project specific related items).
Duration: 12 months
Location: Limon, CO area
Rate: $42-51.45/hr (all hours worked)
Mileage paid for vehicle usage while on assignment
1 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.