Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: North Palm Beach
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 33408
This position oversees the P&C and Substation Engineering for PowerWright Technologies, Inc. This is not a field-based position.
P&C and Substation Engineering Team Management
Process and procedure updates and ensures consistency
Mentoring team members
Works on P&C and Substation Engineering
Resolves technical issues
Contacts client for technical clarifications
Provides technical leadership for entire group
Provides technical support to team members
Provides technical training to team members and others as needed
Assists with Business Development
Represents company on potential client visits
Makes technical P&C and Substation related presentations and leads all Q&A sessions with potential clients
Detailed Compilation of Tasks/Duties
1. Provide and coordinate the overall protection and control of green field and brown field substation and oversee and perform the design and application of system protection for all substation equipment, from 13kV to 500kV.
2. Assure the development of designs and specifications are in compliance with industry and client specific standards.
3. Perform and oversee protection relay settings, including fault current calculation, coordination study, protection relay IED configuration, and relay setting reports. Utilize relay settings study software.
4. Perform and oversee developing and interpreting single lines and developing and/or modifying AC/DC elementary, panel arrangements, wiring diagrams, circuit schedules, conduit schedules, and bills of materials.
5. Perform and oversee SCADA/RTU Design/engineering.
6. Develop and lead all aspects of 13kV to 500kV substation electrical and physical from design.
7. Understand and execute plans related to substation components, substation layout and related electrical studies (clearance, grounding, isolation, etc.), work planning, coordination, reporting, and cost estimating.
8. Perform and oversee the acquisition of all technical data (from site visit & clients system database) needed for estimates and execution of related new substation development or existing substation expansions.
9. Perform and oversee the design of station main one line diagrams, electrical plans, conduit and light plans, lightning protection, grounding calculations, station typical elevations and BOMs.
10. Perform and oversee the writing of equipment specifications and reviewing vendor drawings.
11. Provide technical direction in determining the feasibility, cost, and design of major capital and maintenance projects.
12. Perform and oversee engineering designs, relay protection schemes, adherence to standards, standards and specification development, project scopes, project estimates, designs and QA/QC.
13. Perform and oversee Substation Protection Replacement or Upgrade projects including Line Protection, Transformer Protection, Bus Protection, Feeder Protection, Reactor Protection, Capacitor Protection, Remedial Action Scheme (RAS), Special Protection System (SPS), etc.
14. Perform and oversee engineering of the following equipment (but not limited to): Transformer Replacements, Circuit Breaker Replacements, Capacitor Bank Replacements, Regulator Replacements, CCVT Replacements, Oil Filtration System additions, and Feeder Telemetry Installations.
15. Perform and oversee engineering of the increase capacity and scheme modification projects.
16. Act as the single point of contact within the company for all technical issues relating to substation and/or protection and control design/engineering.
17. Troubleshoot urgent issues and respond calmly and professionally in high stress situations.
18. Assist upper management in establishing technical direction and philosophy for the department.
19. Provide team training, mentoring, and resource assignments.
20. Conduct team member performance reviews and evaluations.
21. Assist in business development efforts in the area of Substation and P&C business under the guidance of upper management.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering. Graduate degree preferred.
State Registration as a Professional Engineer is required.
At least 10 years of professional experience in protection & control and substation engineering, especially in the production and development of protection and control design packages for construction in the transmission and distribution electric utility systems.
2-5 (or more) years of supervisory/management experience is required.
Experience in the electric utility industry required.
Demonstrable skills and experience in project management.
Attention to detail.
Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Skilled in MS Suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Above average proficiency in Excel preferred.
Ability to work independently and think analytically.
Strong team skills with the ability to be flexible.
This position supervises a team of Engineers as well as team members in Project Coordination and Construction Supervision.
This position requires minimal travel.
This job operates in a professional office environment requiring routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, electronic devices such as tablets, printers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets as well as use of standard office applications such as MS Office, and internet based filing systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to clearly communicate, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk (office and substation sites), and drive. Manual dexterity is required. Some light physical effort required.
27 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.