Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 43125
Join the best and largest independent Electrical Testing Company in North America. For over 42 years, Shermco has led the industry. Our clients prefer Shermco over all other contractors, due to our extensive expertise, quality standards, and training and safety programs. At Shermco, you are the DIFFERENCE!
Due to our continued growth and success, we have immediate needs for more qualified and experienced Lead Protection and Control specialists to work in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia.
• Opportunities to work full-time or contract (project-based); live anywhere in the Country
• Access to Shermco’s best-in-class technical and safety training, and use of Shermco’s top-end testing equipment
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits plan
• 4/10's workweek (3 day weekends); paid travel home portal to portal every 2 weeks; periodic overtime
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
• Be the guy/gal! Fully responsible and lead the work onsite at substation projects from start to finish
• Own the relationship with the customers and their vendors
• Read and interpret control prints, writing diagrams, and relaying schematics
• Plan the work to meet the scheduled outage plan
• Perform testing and commissioning of all relays
• Communicate with telecommunications to ensure proper scheduling of LAN setup and configuration
• Perform function tests and end-to-end relay testing
• Conduct differential and distance relay testing
• Work with utility’s P&C supervisor to determinate and mitigate reduced or inadequate protection situations
• Plan and schedule in advance SCADA checkouts through utility’s P&C oversight or directly with SCADA support
• Must be confident, a strong troubleshooter, and effectively communicate
• Must be willing and able to travel and work at substation sites from six weeks to several months at a time
• Must have at least 5 years of utility transmission Protection & Control experience at brownfield sites
• Must have experience working on 138 kV and higher
• Experience with microprocessor and electromechanical relays (GE and SEL highly desirable)
• Experience testing RTU’s preferred
• Must be fully knowledgable on zones of protection
• Wave trap and line tuner adjusting experience desirable
• Experience with RTS or Protest relaying testing software desirable
• Must be able to demonstrate SAFE electrical troubleshooting skills using basic and advanced test equipment
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Must be able to physically walk throughout a substation yard and control house. Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. from ground level to waist high, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
• Ability to work regularly in the field which may vary from an outdoor environment exposed to any seasonal elements to inside working space which could vary widely in temperature to include occasional sub-freezing and 100+ degree temperatures.
13 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.