Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Job Title: T&D Estimator
Position Type: Direct + relocation
Position Location: IL
The responsibility for this position is the estimating and assisting with proposal development and project cost. The estimator will prepare complete cost estimates for all aspects of a transmission or substation construction project. Assigned projects range from medium to large size in complexity. Additional requirements are as follows:
• Review contracts, proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of the estimate.
• Request and analyze pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
• Prepare estimates by performing takeoffs, developing construction approach, and calculating projected costs.
• Assist in developing and supporting the proposal response. Includes writing work plans, schedule development, other technical response.
• Review and analyze historical data from past projects.
• Review estimates with operations prior to client submission.
• Present and participate in bid strategy meetings.
• Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates.
• Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects.
• Facilitate estimate turnover to the project team.
• Interface with owner, A/E, partners or other contractors to provide engineering and cost data to assist Operations in the final evaluation of bid / proposal.
Education and/ or Work Experience:
• Minimum 5 years estimating substation and transmission projects.
• BS Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field is preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
• Experience in estimating mid-scale to large projects and advanced knowledge of construction and utility practices.
• Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and general profit/loss terms.
• Experience with electronic bid software, B2W experience desired.
• Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
• Problem solving, time management and organizational skills required.
• Must have the ability to prepare complex proposals with minimal supervision
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
61 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.