Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
DN205048 - TRANSMISSION PROJECT MANAGER – CINCINNATI, OH – 12 MONTHS
• Leads matrixed project teams on a regular basis capable of managing multiple projects and will normally lead more than one project at a time.
• The Project Manager is the single point of contact for the project(s) accountable for successful project management and achieving project results including safety, environment, quality, cost, schedule, and reporting to consist of Electrical Transmission lines and substation projects from 345KV to 12KV.
• Ensures project scope is clearly defined as early as possible in the project and conducts complex cost/benefit analysis; considers cost effectiveness when recommending solutions and resolving problems, assembles cost estimate from appropriate team input and performs overall evaluation of cost estimate to determine if reasonable and provides budget input accordingly
• Develops detailed schedules for the project using input from functional areas and ensures overall schedule meets project objectives, ensures appropriate project safety and environmental awareness and planning including contractor safety
• Coordinates work effectively within work groups and with other departments and outside organizations (e.g., regulatory agencies, suppliers and contractors)
• Ensures mutual understanding of each team members' role and responsibilities, states project goals and expectations clearly to align the project team
• Reviews, analyzes, and reports proposed changes to the project plan or cost estimate, presents proposed changes and alternatives to client/management and coordinates inclusion of changes into the project schedule and cost estimate
• Maintains appropriate documentation and records of assumptions, important events, decisions, actions, or problem, anticipates and defines actions and responsibilities necessary to align team performance with project goals as necessary, anticipates and promptly identifies potential problems and determines solutions and corrective before they become a crisis
• Continuously monitors and reports project status at least monthly to Client and Management including project cash flow updates
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating or supervising work of a few team members who assist in specific project assignments, experience with or knowledge of operations within the Power Delivery Engineering department and/or departments supporting Power Delivery Major Capital Projects
• Demonstrated project management skills, experience in the use of scheduling/cost analysis tools
• Effectively negotiates with others to reach agreement which will meet the organization's needs and those of others, ability to conduct effective meetings and coordinating or supervising work of a large team of technical and professional employees
• Experience in coordinating development of project scope, schedule, cost, risk and technical complexity
• Ability to organize and facilitate technical, legal, and commercial discussions with customers and governmental leaders regarding project issues
• Experience with Land rights issues, contracted construction labor, engineering work associated with construction project and materials purchases.
Ideal candidate would have a mix of engineering and professional PM experience and PMP Certification. Also experience with large projects management, scheduling, cost analysis, Transmission lines, project knowledge, works well with others, show they can prioritize and be organized, as well as having good written and oral communication skills.
52 page view(s)
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.