Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
PMQS is currently looking for a Senior Protection & Control Engineer to work with one of our clients on a large power project in Wyomissing, PA (Philadelphia, PA area).
The Senior Protection and Control Engineer reports to the Substation P&C Engineering Manager, based out of the Wyomissing, PA office. This client facing position is responsible for project scoping, work planning, and execution of P&C studies, relay coordination, and construction sequencing for medium and high voltage substations. The Engineer may work as an Owner’s Engineer, interacting with our client & internal/external multi-disciplinary teams to assist in developing efficient and reliable substation automation systems.
· Perform P&C system studies/calculations/coordination
· Support the development of control building layout, P&C one-line diagram, AC/DC schematics, control panel layout and wiring diagram, station service AC/DC distribution diagram, bill of material, cable schedule, etc.
· Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes; develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects
· Provide construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects
· Lead multi-discipline project teams and performing quality reviews
· Develop engineering standards, cost estimates, scopes, and technical specifications
· Relay settings development experience using system modeling software is a plus
· Ability to mentor both entry level and experienced engineers
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· Professional Engineering license valid in the USA or ability to obtain within one year of start date
· 10 years of experience in protection and control design
· Advanced knowledge of P&C engineering schemes including feeder, breaker, bus, capacitor bank, transformer and transmission line protection
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite; AutoCAD and/or Microstation software
· Knowledge of operation and design of substation SCADA and Telecom systems
· Effective interpersonal skills (written, verbal) and ability to successfully work in a team-oriented environment
· Must have a valid US driver's license and good driving record
151 page view(s)
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.