Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
PMQS is currently looking for a Sr. Substation Physical Design Engineer to work with one of our clients on a large power plant project in Wyomissing, PA (Philadelphia, PA area).
The successful candidate will be an experienced Layout Engineer with electrical physical & layout design experience. Reporting to the Substation Discipline Manager, responsibilities include:
· As a Substation Engineer you will prepare substation single line, key plans (layouts), conduit plans, lightning, grounding calculations, lighting plans, station typical elevations and BOMs
· You will be a member of the Protection & Control team, producing station drawings, writing equipment specifications and reviewing vendor drawings
· You will design and review, substation electrical equipment plans, general arrangements, substation section views (Elevations) and Bill of Material
· You will design substation conduit, electrical connection and grounding details, lightning stroke shielding plans & substation lighting plans
· You will interpret and incorporate vendor information and client’s standards into design deliverables
· Perform site walkdowns at client facilities
· Lead drafters and performing CAD QA/QC duties
Experience and Education:
· A minimum of eight (8) years experience in an electrical substation physical design environment, coupled with a BSEE and PE/P.Eng OR EIT certification
· Experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation
· Experienced with visualizing Equipment Details, Phase to Ground and Phase to Phase Clearances
· Must have a valid US driver's license and clean drivers abstract
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, this is a client facing role - must be able to communicate & present design ideas/solutions
· Strong preference to candidates with utilities experience, strong preference to candidates with PPL Electric experience &/0r PSEG experience
130 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.