Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
We need Field Service Technicians for a busy client of ours. These will be direct-hires on salary so candidates must reside in the state they are applying for. We have needs in Florida, Indiana, Arizona, Mississippi, Ohio, California, Kansas and Georgia. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org then we can discuss the details further.
Overall Job Purpose: Test, analyze and service power distribution equipment in commercial or industrial establishments.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Direct field testing and service on all substation equipment to include: transformers, voltage regulators, circuit switchers, circuit breakers, protective relays, instrument transformers and other equipment per manufacturer’s recommendations.
2. Testing of electrical power equipment; high/medium/low voltage.
3. Compile test results and create detailed reports for all tests, repairs and maintenance completed.
4. Ability to read manuals, wiring diagrams and schematics to troubleshoot and solve equipment issues.
5. Proper handling and disposal of oils, solvents and other liquid compounds.
6. Ability to use hand and pneumatic tools.
7. Ability to operate cutting torch to cut metal parts.
8. Operate forklift, overhead crane and other material handling equipment as needed.
9. Responsible for all shop equipment and tools in his/her worksite.
10. Must be willing to travel throughout the Emerald Transformer service territory. Overnight and extended stays near customer locations are required.
11. Must be willing to work overtime and call-in hours to meet all customer needs. This includes evening and weekend responses to emergency calls as required.
12. Work requires close interaction with other associates. Must be able to function in a team-oriented environment.
13. When field decommission work is not scheduled, work at the home facility will be assigned. This assignment will be determined by the facility Plant Manager.
14. Work with another field crew may also be assigned as needed. This assignment can be with/for any entity within Emerald Transformer.
15. Maintain positive customer/client relationships.
16. Maintain a safe and orderly worksite.
Other Duties: As assigned.
1. Education – High school or equivalent preferred.
2. Experience –
a. Knowledge of the following equipment and their service/repair preferred:
ii. Other Power Distribution equipment:
1. Circuit Breakers (HV/MV/LV)
3. Voltage Regulators
6. Protective Relays – Electromechanical and Microprocessor
b. Experience with the following test equipment:
i. Power Factor
ii. CT Tester
iv. Breaker Analyzer
vi. Winding Resistance
viii. Relay Tester
ix. Contact Resistance
x. Recloser Control Tester
xi. Regulator Control Tester
xii. Omicron and Vanguard Instruments Test Equipment
c. Welding experience preferred.
d. Ability to operate powered industrial truck, overhead crane and other material handling equipment, with training/certification as required.
e. Ability to learn hand signals and rigging for crane work.
3. Other –
a. Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
8 page view(s)
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.