Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
• Identify labor, equipment and time requirements by analyzing scope documents, engineering drawings, specifications, and related documents.
• Assure that project estimate includes all necessary raw materials, resource / labor rates, manufactured materials / equipment as well as current industry data relative to project scope.
• Support the project development effort by developing estimates based on the team approved project scope and assist project sponsors with developing initial estimates to review alternatives for scope selection.
• Collect and organize estimate and actual cost data, including historical costs, to create and maintain template estimates and compatible unit estimates.
• Evaluate construction contractor cost estimates based on competitive firm price bids, labor units (TSI) and T&E pricing to determine completeness and accuracy.
• Collaborate with project team members, including engineers, project managers, construction teams, supply chain personnel, vendors and contractors to refine estimates at all project stage gates to achieve estimate classes documented in the Transmission PM Procedure.
• Work with Project Managers and vendors to resolve estimate discrepancies, scrutinize change orders, and assist Contract Management with establishing pricing.
• Assist the Project Manager when requested to validate contractor monthly invoicing.
• Maintain currency of technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and networking with estimators in other business units
• Prepare estimates for use in planning, organizing and scheduling work.
• Analyze drawings and other documents to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
• Conduct periodic site visits to confirm work methods and work approaches are consistent with the estimate, assess project cost performance by tracking actuals against contractor bids or the project estimate, and communicate with engineering, construction or sub-contractors on proposed changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Prepare cost reports and projections as requested by management, establish cost monitoring and reporting mechanism and procedures and establish a mechanism to continuously update cost and man-hour databases.
• Establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Estimating sizes, distances and quantities and determining time, costs, resources, equipment and materials required for specific work activities.
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to identify the best solutions to problems. Organizing, planning and prioritizing assigned work, resolving conflicts and negotiating with others.
• Using provided software and technology, performing assigned administrative duties, updating and using relevant knowledge and information and interpreting the meaning of information to others.
• Providing consultation and advice to others, analyzing data and information
• Active listening, Reading comprehension, Mathematics, Time management, Writing, Critical thinking, Active learning, Complex problem solving, Social perceptiveness, Judgment and decision making, Conflict management, Negotiation, Monitoring, Quality control analysis, Service orientation, Persuasion.
• Prefer a BS in Engineering or Construction Management or 8 years of relevant field experience.
• College degree (AAS/BS) in an industry-related field, such as construction management, building science, technical/engineering, business, finance or project management.
• Significant (10+ years) directly related industry experiences may be an acceptable alternative.
64 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.