Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Construction Lead Assistant
• Participate in an Engineering Support role functioning in the capacity of a construction lead assistant.
• Individual will be the main point of contact to document inspection findings and construction activities.
• Position will require the candidate to effectively communicate with colleagues and management, exercise discretion, give immediate action, and forward pertinent documents/correspondence, etc.
• Candidate will demonstrate basic knowledge of pipeline construction, working with contractors, and applying specifications and regulations
• Communications will involve constant written and verbal exchanges and interpersonal skills required.
• Indirectly responsible for administrative functions of large transmission pipeline construction to include documentation of daily and/or weekly progress reporting, safety reports, environmental reports, and field drawings with emphasize safety and environmental protection during construction.
• Report safety and environmental infractions properly, support laydown and storage yard preparation.
• Work with Construction Contractor to ensure Operator Qualifications (OQ) are complete and active.
• Confirm material traceability documentation is verified with BOM and ensure that the document is transferred to the Design Firm and coordinate remaining project materials with associated paperwork and transfer sheets to locations specified in the SOW or as directed by PNG Sourcing.
• Collect and organize hard copy information and documentation pertaining to each job.
• Maintain this information in organized, digital form, transmit pertinent information from contractor or inspector to PNG or Design Firm.
• This may include traveling to job site to collect.
• Collect and maintain digital copy of all job related MTRs, willingness to learn how to gain access to MRC website and acquire the ability to assist locating any missing MTRs.
• Candidate may need to visit material storage locations to check long lead item delivery and collect paperwork, the ability to run certain errands to job locations at the discretion of PNG.
• Ability to electronic code each report, data sheet, etc. to the format required by PNG and upload to PNG Document controllers if directed to do so.
• Ensure that information is available in digital form and transmit this information to Design Firm or PNG Document Control.
• This will require scanning hard copies to convert into digital form and must orchestrate hard copy delivery of job documentation to PNG long term storage facilities.
• Maintaining and management of the field office.
• Candidate will have a certain willingness to learn and work in a cohesive manner to contribute to successful project completion, will need to have excellent computer and organizational skills.
• Proficiency required, at a minimum, with Windows environment and Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat, and Windows Explorer.
• Track and coordinate progress of pipeline with Google Earth if required.
• 10+ years of experience in gas industry or industrial construction (Gas Industrial is highly preferred).
• Direct and relevant experience to meet the duties set forth herein in the above stated job description.
36 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.