Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 19019
We have a job opening for Electrical Distribution Designer position in Philadelphia, PA.
The electrical distribution designer will work on electric utility projects and be responsible for field surveying, site meetings/site readiness status, traffic control, field notes, sketches, service requests, facility relocations, cost estimates, construction materials, construction agreements and customer communication. Project types will include design of both aerial and underground services installations (simple and complex) and electric network distribution lines. Will work under the supervision of a senior designer, technical lead and/or personnel designated by Project Manager.
Major Job Elements:
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the most cost effective and highest quality infrastructure and service installation solutions.
• Coordinate design/review of distribution and services installation projects for a utility including preparation and review of bill of materials, cost and labor estimates based on utility standard rates and specifications including customer charges, traffic control plans, clearance orders, right of-way applications, permitting, and scheduling required to support construction and service dates.
• Perform field inspections and evaluations of electrical systems for infrastructure and services installation design.
• Produce detailed design documentation including utility design system, line layout/routing, overhead and underground distribution, identification of conflicting utilities, service installations, and construction instructions.
• Contributes to and implements design modifications to improve quality of projects and process improvements.
• Apply design standards to aerial and underground designs including: Joint Use Design, Pole Replacement, Primary and Secondary Services, Reliability/Maintenance Design, Right-of-Way (ROW), Permitting, Rates, Tariffs, Electrical Service Requirements, and Utility Maps.
• Interface with Client and Customers to serve as the single point of contact for design related inquiries, access customer’s needs, secure all pertinent information (load, service date, etc.), and communicate all changes to scope/timing resulting from customer readiness
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Sciences, or Business related fields and three years of job related experience OR minimum Associate’s degree with five years’ experience in the design of electric utility network distribution systems and/or two years’ experience in the design of electric utility service installations.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated PC skills with MS Office products, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Microstation, and AutoCAD.
• Demonstrated ability to apply design concepts.
• Travel required as needed for the job including field surveys and meetings
We offer a referral gratuity for referred hires.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
23 page view(s)
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.