Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 32502
This position is responsible for interpreting, verifying and inputting data into corporate geographical information systems (GIS) system. Interaction with staff regarding GIS and CAD applications is also required. The GIS Technician position requires a high degree of attention to GIS data accuracy due to its potential safety impact to daily operations of the distribution system.
* Associate Degree in a technical field (GIS / Engineering Technology) or equivalent experience. GIS Certification is a plus.
* Experience with a Utility GIS system is a plus.
* Experience with the ESRI Suite of GIS products is a plus.
* Knowledge of the operation and construction of electrical systems.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* High degree of attention to data accuracy.
* Post updates to the GIS database.
* Data activities, in an ESRI software environment, such as editing, map production, QA/QC, metadata production and user support.
* Create specialized map products including storm maps, switch maps, and underground distribution one-line diagrams.
* Process data to support transfer of information between Distribution applications.
* Support storm restoration efforts, which could include working evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
29 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.