Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20817
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manages and directs the operation of the company's transmission and distribution system during normal and emergency conditions to assure the highest level of safety, reliability and customer service to achieve Energy Deliverys related goals. Supervise on shift personnelon a 24/7 basis. Coordinate activities with PJM Interconnection, the operating authority for grid operations.
Note: Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24x7 coverage during storms and other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages the operation of the electricgrid during normal and emergency conditions, as performed by Transmission shift personnel, in compliance with NERC, PJM and Transmission System Operations operating procedures, criteria and agreements. The Shift Manager is cognizant and responsible for all operating decisions made while on shift.
- Coordinates communication and activities between the Control Room and other departments in Energy Delivery, Exelon Nuclear, Exelon Power, Power Team, PJM, BSC Security, high voltage customers, and various external organizations.Provides a central contact for Energy Delivery management, BSC Security East, and Corporate Communications with regard to transmission system conditions and emergencies and corporate security issues.
- Evaluate, review and approve planned and emergent scheduledsystem outages, including switching, blocking and interacting with PJM and field forces.
- Studies and analyzes both real time and near term system conditions and outages to ensure the security/reliability of the transmission system. This includes use of the Advance Application programs of the Energy Management Systems.
- Manages restoration of system integrity in the event of unanticipated system disturbances or physical threats to the system infrastructure. Establishes repair priorities for transmission system equipment, substation equipment and lines.
- Manages the performance of the Dispatchers to maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Provide accurate and timely feedback regarding performance utilizing the Individual Performance Review process.
- Contributes to the overall goals of System Operation by leading or supporting projects, participating in business plan development, acting as a change agent for new initiatives, and actively communicating with the dispatchers regarding new or changes to company policies and programs.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage emergencies and stressful situations.
- Ability to coordinate activities with multiple internal and external parties.
- Must be available to work rotating shifts and overtime.
- Must pass PJM Transmission Certification within two years and maintain it
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business or job related technical field and 8-10 years experience in operation, planning, design or maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment OR, in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 12-14 years of relevant experience.Preferred:
- Knowledge of PJM rules and regulations.- Knowledge of Clearance and Tagging.- NERC certification
- Designated Authority responsible for the operation of the Transmission System including all transmission lines and substations and a peak load.
- Manages the 24-hour/7 day a week operation of the Transmission Control Room with a staff of dispatchers. ? Responsible for all real-time operating decisions pertaining to transmission operations. ? Normally, sole management representative on back-shift and weekends.
- Actions have significant impact on public and employee safety, reliability and customer satisfaction goals.
- Has regular contact with all levels of management and field forces at Exelon (e. g. , EED, Power Team, Exelon Nuclear, Exelon Power, BSC Security), PJM, other Transmission companies, Customers and Government agencies.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
103 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.