Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20817
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directs and is responsible for optimizing practices, policies, procedures and programs within the DSO organization to operate the electric and gas systems in a safe, reliable manner with the welfare of employees, customers, the public and shareholders in mind. Direct the personnel and activities of the Distribution Operations Control Center. This comprises all switching and dispatching operations, system monitoring, and emergency event management. Assure the development and effective implementations of strategic initiatives. Assure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives with establishment of OCC policies, procedures. Develop and maintain dispatcher staffing levels to support normal/emergency operations in an environment that promotes safety, diversity and high productivity. Manage, direct, and motivate employees. Maintain and apply a working knowledge of the Exelon Management Model for business controls and meet managements expectations for conducting effective business. This position oversees the Distribution Operations Control Center key business processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Distribution System Operations Control Center organization regarding development and implementation of short and long term strategic initiatives that achieve business results.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Operations Control Center and align these activities with other elements of the organization to meet corporate goals and customer expectations.
- Oversee the budget accountability for the Distribution Operations Control Center.
- Assure adherence to the budget plan and balance cost containment with customer satisfaction, operational excellence and employee satisfaction
- Develop and sustain a culture that fosters high performance culture and a learning organization.
- Provide leadership in promoting a safe, motivated, productive, diverse workforce.
Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered.
- Assure timely employee recognition.
- Provide leadership to the Distribution Operations Control Center management team.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback regarding performance and operations.
- Conduct performance planning and appraisal process and identifies opportunities for growth and learning.
- Facilitates open and honest communications, assures upward communication, and drives self-critical assessments fostering a learning environment.
- Provide dotted line or functional leadership to the regional based Operations Managers and TSO management to ensure consistency of development and execution of operations functions.
- Interface with other departments in the company and represent Distribution Operations to other business units regarding electric distribution systems, reliability, and regulatory issues.
- Manage communications and interfaces with internal and external customers including other utilities, regional and national coordinators.
- Oversee the development and management of all emergency plans, including restoration of power activities, load management, and system restoration activities.
- Establish and facilitate evolution of technical platforms (e. g. , OMS, SCADA, Mobile Data, Mobile Dispatch, Automated Metering, Communications, Customer Systems, etc. ) to drive top performance.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, management or related field AND 10 years of distribution system operations experience, OR in lieu of bachelors degree at least 14 years of distribution system operations experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Distributions System Operations, support systems and appropriate regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a high performance culture
- Demonstrated Emergency Management Oversight skills
- Graduate degree in business or related field
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
- Demonstrated business acumen- At least 3 or more years of Supervisory Experience
Qualifications- Direct Reports = 8-12
- Indirect reports = 57-106
- Financial Scope: Oversees a budget of $7-15m
- Designated authority responsible for the safe, reliable operation of the Electric Distribution System including 138kv, 69kV, 34kV, 12kV and 4kV lines and substations.
- Responsibility for the execution of response to gas related emergencies under strict timelines, identification of cause and protection of the public until conditions can be made safe or repaired.
- The consequences of operating errors, inaction, or improper system operation could cost the company millions of dollars in direct, indirect, and intangible costs.
- Actions have direct impact on the companys financial resources, reliability, public safety, public welfare, and regulatory climate.
- Contacts: Regular interaction with senior management, other departmental management, major customers, and Electric Distribution Industry organizations.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
72 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.