Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 24043
Currently seeking a Protection & Controls Engineer for a long term opportunity with a reputable engineering firm.
The position falls within the Protection and Controls Department of the organization. The engineer will complete protection and control projects that support our customer. They will work with in-house and client engineers and designers. They will provide, coordinate, and conduct training to lower level engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work on green-field and brown-field (retrofit) Protection and Control Projects in substations
* Set relays and conduct relay setting calculations utilizing ASPEN, AcSELerator 5010 (SEL), and GE URPC Software
* Design settings in appropriate format then issue to assigned Protection and Controls Supervisor using IPS
* Mark-up and review protection schematics and elementaries
* Utilize MOB Port to review equipment and materials established by substation engineers for Protection Designers
* Work with the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, buses, reactors, line disconnects, protective relays systems (SEL, ABB, etc.), and SCADA systems
* Function as a project lead for protection and control projects
* Perform all engineering and design activities with minimum direction
* Lead, facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the work group, team, department, or those external to complete substation projects
* Provide training and guidance to lower level employees
* Identify and initiate corrective action when substation project objectives are not being met
* Interpret codes and regulations and develop standards for construction projects
* Promote engineering professionalism and standards
* Develop, recommend, and implement plans by establishing goals, objectives, and requirements that include all scheduling, resources, and cont information for complex engineering
* Position requires 10-15% travel to field substations
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
117 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.