Payroll Specialist (319802)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on June 13, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 43215
Duration (-/+) 12 months
Locatation- Columbus, OH-
Local candidates only
Position Summary: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for input and verification of employee data to support on and off-cycle payrolls. Specific duties to be performed are on-going reviews to ensure proper computations (e.g. garnishments, time data, pay adjustments, benefit and general deductions, etc.), withholding (employee and employer taxes) and preparation of various remittances (e.g. direct deposit, general deductions, etc.) and resolution of payroll issues and concerns.
1. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior to maintain employee/company confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
2. Manage work flows to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
3. Understand the various types of garnishments, calculations and ensure compliance.
4. Maintain and verify changes for an employee's general deductions, garnishments, tax withholdings, direct deposit, automatic payments and pay adjustment data.
5. Processing and validating special payments such as relocation, bonuses, deferred compensation, deceased, manual, etc.
6. Review wages computed (time data/pay adjustments/tax adjustments/deductions adjustments) and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
7. Understand the taxation of employer paid benefits, employee pre-tax deductions and earnings with specific taxation methods.
8. Receive and respond to pay-related inquiries using discretion and effective oral and written communications with employees, HR locations and outside agencies.
9. Keep current with new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Assist with enforcing adherence and keep supervision abreast of possible situations for review and action.
10. Ability to identify and encourage continuous improvement measures relating to procedures, processes and standardization within the team.
11. Identify and report issues to appropriate parties (e.g. management, HR, IT, etc.).
12. Actively participate and engage in the activities of providing the necessary support to test and validate the functions of the payroll system associated with maintenance packs (tax bundles) and system upgrades.
Minimum Requirements: Education: Associate degree in business with a major in accounting, finance or business administration from an accredited college or university preferred.
Experience: One year of total work experience in business administration and/or accounting/finance, preferably for a multi-state medium-to-large size employer.
Licenses/Certifications: FPC or CPP a plus.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; can quickly access the situation and rectify
Pays very high attention to detail
Basic accounting and math skills
Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
Manage multiple priorities; Planning , Organizing and Time Management
Continuous Improvement (Adaptability, Flexibility, Creativity and Initiative)
Proficient personal computer knowledge and skills such as Microsoft Office applications
Teamwork Contribution to Team Success
Good written and verbal communication skills
Flexible during times of transition and change
75 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.