Payroll Tax Analyst (319801)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on June 13, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 43215
Duration (-/-) 12 months
Local Candidates only
Position Summary: The Payroll Tax Analyst is responsible for preparing timely and accurate tax workpapers, returns, and deposits; reviewing, completing and remitting tax filings to governmental agencies; perform on-going reviews to ensure proper employer/employee tax compliance for all payroll companies; and other duties as assigned.
1. The Payroll Tax Analyst is responsible for preparation of all employer tax work papers, analysis and filings for assigned companies.
2. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of all employer tax deposits to the various tax authorities, including Federal (941/940), State (SWT/SUI), and Local.
3. Regular audit of tax filings prior to submission, responding to audit requests, assisting employees with tax form compliance, and assisting with year-end activities.
4. Prepare and review all other company related reporting and data requests as needed, such as tax reconciliations, multiple worksite, Workers' Compensation, U.S. Census Bureau, etc.
5. Additionally, the Payroll Tax Analyst must stay current with all payroll-related tax laws and regulation changes to ensure compliance, utilizing various information sources for conducting research (e.g. BNA, APA, CCH, etc.).
6. Other duties include system tax table updates and review, system testing when needed, calculation and preparation of taxable fringe benefits.
Minimum Requirements: Education: A Bachelor's degree with a major in business, finance or accounting.
Experience: A Minimum of two (2) years of total work experience in business administration, payroll, taxation, and/or accounting.
Licenses/Certifications: FPC or CPP a plus.
Additional Information: Enabling Competencies include, but not limited to,
adaptability/flexibility, client focus, communication, initiative, teamwork/collaboration, excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Pays very high attention to detail Planning/Time Management; can quickly assess a situation, able to facilitate/communicate and resolve.
Intermediate Excel skills (VLookups, Pivot Tables, functions) and able to maintain/modify complex spreadsheets used for reconciliation, analysis and reporting
Proficient personal computer knowledge
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Overtimeand flexiblity is required periodically, particularly during periods of high volume tax filings and/or projects
Pays high attention to detail
Presents a strong work ethic
Fundamental accounting and math skills
Ability to multi-task
Planning, organizing and time management
Focus on teamwork
Good written and verbal communication skills
PeopleSoft HRMS experience a plus
78 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.