Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: New Orleans
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 60654
Location: New Orleans, LA
Per Diem Available if Non-Local
• Develop project(s) through business case justification stage and project scope selection stage.
• Review initial technical scope of Transmission and Distribution project(s).
• Consult and assist client with concepts of Transmission and Distribution project design.
• Assemble technical information such as one-lines, ratings workbooks, line route information, etc. in preparation for project team meeting(s).
• Identify Front End Loading (FEL) activities require for the project, such as soil borings, surveying, environmental analysis, ground grid analysis and other activities that may be needed.
• Plan, initiate, organize and lead team meeting(s) with multiple disciplines to review, clarify and refine the project scope, gain consensus on the feasibility of the scope, verify FEL activities, and document considerations for cost and scheduling estimates, execution challenges, and resource requirements.
• Develop and distribute minutes from team meeting(s).
• Develop Project Execution Plan (PEP) which includes items such as the updated scope, project justification, identify governance roles and responsibilities, list major materials, develop preliminary outage plan, identify Right-of-Way (ROW) needs, environmental project assessment, qualitative risk assessment and a list of required FEL activities.
• Develop Estimate to Scope (ETS), which includes cost of FEL activities in preparation for scoping work order creation.
• Coordinate with Users Distribution representative to determine Distribution scope and cost estimate.
• Develop a Qualitative Risk Analysis (QRA) and an appropriate contingency level for class 5 and class 4 estimates.
• Develop and submit a Class 4 (-30%/+50%) total cost estimate, which includes all phases of the project, such as scoping, engineering, construction, and procurement.
• Other costs may be identified such as ROW, permitting and environmental.
• The total cost estimate shall be organized by work order. Each work order shall be organized by major cost category.
• The basis for the cost estimate shall be documented for each line item. Develop full Level 2 project schedule including target In Service Date (ISD), resource planning and leveling, and project planning milestones through project close-out.
• Develop initial Project Cost Sheet (PCS), which includes project cash flow.
• Ensure that the project review process and other quality control guidelines are followed. Establish project teams, coordinate activities of multiple disciplines, ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff.
• Demonstrate creativity, foresight and judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
• Establish and maintain relationships with prospective and existing clients.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical engineering or related field from accredited program.
• Minimum 7 years related experience in design engineering, substation and/or transmission line design, including 3 years or more project management experience in the electric utility industry.
• Previous substation design experience is preferred.
• Previous project management or construction management of substation and transmission line projects is preferred.
• Broad knowledge of electric Transmission and Distribution engineering and construction in the electric utility industry is preferred.
• Previous consulting engineering experience is preferred.
• Proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change.
• Demonstrated success in project management.
147 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.