Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: Washington DC
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20068
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan, direct and monitor the activities of Customer Services bargaining unit or non-exempt line employees. Maintain and deliver optimum quality of service to customers, and maximize employee productivity. Implement standards and programs to improve processes and increase customer satisfaction.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24x7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct bargaining unit or non-exempt line employees in day-to-day activities. Coordinate and evaluate scheduling of work within the area. Schedule overtime when required. Develop scheduling process to create efficient processing of workload among employees. Review and approve daily reports on expenditures (e.g. daily time sheets).
- Evaluate employee performance and develop programs/meetings to enhance employee's job skills and motivate employee towards department goals. Develop working relationships with union to reduce union/management misunderstandings and resolve labor/management disputes/grievances.
- Design, implement, and monitor identified process/procedural improvements.
- Interface with other business units to ensure timely completion of work and identified process/procedural improvements. Manage, direct and supervise the servicing of customer special needs
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment for subordinates within the department
- Mentor and provide guidance to lower level and less experienced supervisors of bargaining unit or non-exempt line employees within the department
-5-8 years internal utility company experience (e.g., Pepco, ComEd, PECO), or equivalent external experience
-4 or more years internal supervisory experience (e.g., Pepco,ComEd, PECO, BSC, ExGen), or receive acceptable rating on Supervisory Assessment
-in-depth knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (CBA) and related procedures, policies and processes
-advanced understanding of applicable systems and technology (e.g., customer information system, electronic hand-held meter reading equipment, etc.)
-demonstrated computer literacy
-strong written and oral communication skillsPreferred:
- Bachelors degree
- Direct day-to-day supervisory responsibilities over bargaining unit or non-exempt line employees.
- Mentor and provide guidance to lower level and less experienced supervisors
- Provide input regarding performance of lower level and less experienced supervisors to Manager and Managing Supervisors
- Promotes customer and employee satisfaction
- Decision-making authority is related to completion of departmental scheduled workload
- Work is subject to frequent/daily review.
- Impact to budget is moderate and is reflective of management of daily workflow and implementation of process improvements.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
120 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.