Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 92821
Experienced electric utility designer to support our growing T&D electrical distribution design group.
The candidate will possess a working knowledge of GO95 and GO128 requirements and preferably California utility design and construction standards.
* Participate in development of, DSP, Rule 20, conductor replacement, structure replacements, and other major Overhead and Underground projects.
* Review project requirements to determine necessary resources, time lines and budgets to ensure technical and safety expectations are realized to meet both, customer and internal specifications.
* Meet with or update Customer and BMcD management weekly on the project status.
* Prepare preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications to customer requirements.
* Prepare construction plans, material requirements, and cost estimates for electrical distribution overhead and underground projects.
* Ability to work multiple projects at the same time and meet all requirements. Communicate and resolve any design issues with customers.
* Comply with all safety requirements- reinforce all internal and external safety practices and policies. (e.g., OSHA, NEC, PPE, etc.).
* Meet with clients to gather technical requirements.
* Prepare manual redline drawings when required.
* Prepare electronic drawings using computer aided drafting systems when required.
* Fill out Wind Loading / Pole Loading forms.
* Coordinate access to professional/private facilities (e.g., schools, hospitals, military bases, etc.) when applicable.
* Perform field site meets; meet with developers, customers, local agencies.
* Understanding of local, county, state permit requirements (e.g., Traffic Control, encroachment, Right of Way, easement, etc.).
* Field check design layouts.
* Office check designs and redline changes.
* Recognize process waste and suggest changes
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
59 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.